What is the most highly valued skill in the business world? Get In Front Communications recently published a poll of Harvard Business Review subscribers. Here is what they found:
Ability to communicate is the most important factor in making an executive promotable. It is even more important than ambition, education and hard work.
As your organization becomes increasingly international, your work demands more than mastering your own language. It’s hard enough to get your message across and convince people who share your cultural background. The challenge is far greater when your audience has different values, beliefs, as well as different ways of communicating, listening and organizing their world.
In working with these varied cultures, how do you…
- Convince superiors to modify their approach?
- Sell your concept to people from a specific background?
- Recruit the right people for the right task?
- Speed up completion of outsourced or delegated work?
- Get your sales team to implement a new strategy?