As companies and organizations grow and change strategically, directors, managers and senior staff must lead with confidence, projecting an authentic and transparent leadership presence when communicating.
Linguistic intelligence (clear, effective and powerful writing and speaking) yoked to considerable personal intelligence are critical components of executive presence and effective leadership.
The DevelopingExecutive Presence workshop addresses the specific challenges confronting managers at this critical time. This workshop examines the learned behaviors that enable managers to command attention.
Length of program
The topics outlined will be covered in a one-day interactive lecture/discussion format.
One-on-one sessions in speaking provide individual coaching to address personal issues and include helping individual participants prepare presentation content, assisting them to move from script to outline or speaking map, reviewing and editing powerpoint slides, videotaping the presentation, and analyzing delivery style for effectiveness. The videotape is reviewed in a confidential and supportive setting to empower participants to make changes and develop powerful presence.
One-on-one coaching in writing provides an opportunity to review the writing process, identifying and addressing specific problems in structure and composition and exploring other available formats.
One-on-one coaching in writing provides direct intervention to assist participants to produce clear, audience-focused written work. Meetings can include help with developing content, mastering organization, choosing powerful visual layout, increasing sentence energy, macro and micro editing, and proofreading.
Understanding the Corporate Culture
- Communication and leadership: writing, speaking, listening
- Mindfulness: strategic thinking
- Preferred corporate style: clarity, directness, passion
- Oral and written communication: specific concerns
The Message: Developing Content
- Planning: deciding what to communicate
- Creating impact: choosing the appropriate channel
- Building credibility: assertiveness and dignity
- Organizing: thoughtful message architecture
The Medium: Your Personal Style
- Developing a powerful voice: using accessible, lively language
- Creating effective presence: body language, eye contact, voice, pace
- Building credibility: elevator presentations & executive summaries
The Audience: Perfecting a Consultative Style
- Interpreting non-verbal clues
- Sharing information and asking rich, open-ended questions
- Anticipating responses and coping with reactions
The Importance of Listening
- Understanding the listening dynamic and the power of silence
- Developing powerful techniques and strategies
- Uncovering hidden assumptions and barriers
As required, the following topics may be added to the DevelopingExecutive Presence workshop:
- Developing Strategy: How Critical Thinking Impacts Writing
- Planning: The Importance of Outlining
- Power Writing: Conciseness
- Visualizing Information
- Quality Control: Editing
- Mastering the Executive Summary
- Crafting Effective Email
- Drafting Persuasive Proposals
- Team Writing: How to Write Collaboratively
- Writing for Internationals (ESL, EFL, BELF)
- Proactive Writing: Creating Prototypes & Templates